Short connection times often leave people racing against the clock in unfamiliar airports, which is why British Airways have prepared the following list of improvements, including new technologies they plan to combine along with new strategies and vehicles to improve passenger journeys.
• Identify flights with large volumes of connecting customers then direct those aircraft to the most convenient and accessible airport gates.
• For high numbers of passengers connecting onto the same flight, they will arrange vehicle transfers, cutting out the need for extra legwork.
• “Express Connection” status will be granted to passengers in the air who face tight connections upon landing. This will provide fast-track access through flight connections and security checkpoints.
• For passengers facing missed connections whilst in the air, British Airways will rebook them onto alternative BA or OneWorld partner airlines. New boarding passes, refreshment vouchers and if necessary overnight accommodation will be arranged. Hotel confirmations and vouchers will be issued at the aircraft door following disembarkation by connections staff.
• First, Club World and Club Europe passengers along with British Airways Gold and Silver Executive Club members who are at risk of missing next flight will be chauffeur-driven in an executive car where possible directly to their next flight.
• British Airways have also installed self-service kiosks at Heathrow Terminal 5 to enhance efficiency and allow passengers to print out their own boarding passes.
Tom Stevens, Head of Customer at Heathrow for British Airways said “We know how important it is for our customers to transfer through the airport quickly and smoothly, and all of these additional initiatives show them we’ll always go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service.”
British Airways fly to more than 200 destinations in 75 countries across the globe. To check availability and airfares with British Airways or any other international carrier. Please contact your Traveleads consultant.