As a kick-start to the airports massive $8 billion renovation plans, LaGuardia Airport opened nearly a dozen gates on Saturday 1st December. American Airlines, Air Canada, Southwest Airlines and United have begun using the new concourse at Terminal B. The refreshed area offers additional dining and shopping options for travellers.
The new concourse is designed with:
- 55-foot high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows that allow ample natural light to fill space
- an indoor park with benches, landscaping and trees
- charging stations and unlimited free Wi-Fi
- an airport-themed children’s play area
- modern restrooms with above-sink shelves designed to keep belongings dry
- food, beverage and retail concessions from brands including Shake Shack, Irving Farm Coffee and independent bookseller McNally Jackson
New York’s Governor Mark Cuomo commented:
“The opening of the first new concourse and gates at Terminal B marks another significant milestone in the transformation of LaGuardia Airport into a modern, global gateway that is worthy of the State of New York.
“While leaders in Washington only talk about investing in infrastructure, in New York we are actually getting it done, and now travellers from across the world will start to see and experience a whole new LaGuardia.”
To book, check routes, availability and fares for LaGuardia Airport or any other destination, please contact your Traveleads consultant.